Drupal is open source social publishing software that empowers individuals, teams, and communities to easily publish, manage and organize a wide variety of content on a website. Tens of thousands of people and organizations have used Drupal to power scores of different web sites, including community web portals, corporate web sites, social networking sites, personal web sites or blogs, and much more.
Drupal is ready to go from the moment you download it. The built-in functionality, combined with dozens of freely available add-on modules, will enable features such as content management, blogs, wiki collaborative authoring, tagging, picture galleries and much more.
Drupal is open-source software distributed under the GPL (“General Public License”) and is maintained and developed by a community of thousands of users and developers. Drupal is free to download and use.
Today, Drupal powers sites including the homepages of Warner Brothers Records, The New York Observer, Fast Company, Popular Science, and Amnesty International and microsites by Forbes, Harvard University, and more. Drupal can be used to create personal weblogs (Tim Berners-Lee), deliver podcasts (TWIT.tv), and connect online communities (SpreadFireFox.com).
Social Publishing System
Drupal is an award-winning open source social publishing system that also offers a rich content management framework upon which powerful web applications can be built. Drupal is well suited to many kinds of web solutions, from artist portfolios, to complete corporate intranets, to community or social networking hubs.
A popular choice
When you build your web solution with Drupal, you're joining the ranks of over 250,000 satisfied users, like Amnesty International, MTV, NASA, Sony, United Nations, Popular Science, Harvard University, and the University of California at Berkeley.
Let us build your conscious solution
CWS has built dozens of Drupal-powered web solutions, and in doing so, we've helped many individuals and organizations to take control of their own web content and presence. Contact us to learn how we can help put Drupal to work for you!
» Build it with Drupal.
Drupal is a fantastic solution for building many kinds of web applications & sites. Here are some common examples:
- Community coordination and outreach websites
- Education websites
- Corporate intranet solutions
- Corporate websites
- Club and event websites
- E-commerce applications
- Discussion & forum-based websites
- Resource directories
- Social Networking solutions
- Non-profit and government websites
- Website portfolios for artists
» Integrate it with Drupal.
Drupal plays nice with others! Here are some examples of the types of solutions Drupal can be easily integrated with:
- E-commerce vendors, such as Amazon & PayPal, and others
- Business web applications, like Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, & Zimbra
- E-mail services and mailing list managers
- Third-party authentication, like Active Directory, LDAP, OAuth, & more
- A variety of Google services
- Document management systems, like KnowledgeTree
- Semantic web technologies, like Calais, SPARQL, & SIMILE
» Share it with Drupal.
Social networking on the web is more popular than ever. Drupal can share with the best of them:
- Fully integrated activity & life streams
- Share media with Flickr, Blip.TV, Vimeo, & YouTube, and many others
- Microblogging with Twitter, identi.ca, and others
- Share links with reddit, Digg, Delicious, and others
- Facebook Connect and custom applications
» 10 Minute Drupal Demo